Loans - CANA Credit Union
CANA Credit Union provides finance for a wide range of purposes, at very competitive interest rates. Loan purposes include home improvements, car purchase, holidays, education, consolidation of debts, etc, to list just a few.
We encourage any member who falls behind with their loan payments or encounters financial difficulty to make contact with us at an early stage. We will always work with you regarding repayments. If you are having problems in that regard you can talk with us in confidence. We’re here to help.
If you need assistance managing all your debts you can contact MABS
Our standard lending rate is 7.9% per annum (8.1% apr)
Other discounted rates available at present are:
Loan Within Shares at 4.9% (5.01%apr)
Revenue Refund of Fees Loan Scheme 5.9% (6.1%apr)
Special Holiday Loan at 5.9% (6.1%apr) – Max Term 2 Years
These Special Loan Schemes are generally run on a separate loan account to run concurrent with any other loan a member may have. Lending criteria and terms and conditions apply.
Details of any further Special Loan Schemes will appear on our website and will also be notified to members on our regular News Bulletin. Revenue staff will also be notified by email.
Other Features & Benefits of CANA Credit Union Loans
- Payroll Deduction Facility for Revenue Employees and Pension Deduction for retired Revenue staff. A standing order facility is available to all other members
- Interest is charged on the reducing loan balance
- No hidden charges
- No application or set-up charges
- Loan Protection Insurance provided at no additional cost – click here for details
- Flexible repayment terms of up to 10 years – Loan Calculator
- Loans in excess of €40,000 require Board approval
- No penalty for early repayment
How to apply for a loan:
By Fax or Post
Download a Loan Application Form (pdf) and post it to CANA Credit Union, CANA House, 85/93 Lower Mount Street, Dublin 2.
When faxing loan applications please ensure the original is in the post.
Revenue staff may also obtain forms from the CANA Display Board (usually located in staff canteen) or from the local CANA Liaison Officer.
At our office in Lower Mount Street – Map