CANA Credit Union Bursary
Terms & Conditions
- CANA CREDIT UNION BURSARY award is a third level bursary award for 2 students for the duration of 3 years max.
- The award is for €2,000 per annum for 2 students for the duration of the course up to a maximum of 3 years.
- The Bursary is only in respect of students who are entering third level education for the first time ( i.e 1st year students) in 2020.
- The award is open to members, on behalf of themselves or their children.
- All applications for the Bursary must be completed by a member of CANA Credit Union on behalf of himself/herself or on behalf of his/ her child. The member must have a share balance of at least €100 for the 6 month period prior to the awarding of the Bursary.
- Applicants under 18 years of age must have their parent/legal Guardian sign the application form as well as themselves.
- Each Bursary will be awarded to the Winning Student to the value of €2,000 per annum for up to 3 years of a full time third level course with a third level institution acceptable to the Board of CANA.
- A person may only be nominated once by themselves or by a parent or guardian.
- The Bursary recipients will be determined by a draw.
- Evidence of acceptance on to the students chosen third level course from the selected institute/university must be provided to CANA Credit Union before the Bursary is paid.
- Payment of the Bursary in respect of years 2 and 3 is dependent on the Winning Student passing their examinations and providing evidence of their intention to continue their attendance at the third level institution.
- The Winning Student(s) will be presented with a cheque to the value of €2,000 at the beginning of the academic year once proof of academic results/ registration is available.
- The Winning Student agrees to cooperate with and participate in any advertising or publicity activities organised by CANA including publication on CANA’s website and/or an award ceremony. CANA reserves the right to disclose and/or publish the name and any other particulars of the Winning Student (including photographs) for publicity purposes.
- The closing date for submission of completed applications is by 4pm on Friday 11th September 2020.
- The draw for the winning bursaries will be made in early September and the results announced shortly afterwards.
- The Board of Directors of CANA Credit Union has exclusive and entire responsibility for all matters relating to the CANA Credit Union Bursary and its decisions in all matters are to be deemed final and conclusive and not subject to appeal.
- The Board of CANA Credit Union reserves the right to amend these Terms and
Conditions as is necessary at any time.
- The CANA Credit Union Bursary may be closed at any time at the discretion of the Board. If this were to occur existing awards would be honoured.
Please return the completed application form by post to:
- “BURSARY”, CANA Credit Union Ltd, 85/93 Lower Mount Street, Dublin 2
- or by Fax to 01-6760803
- or by email to email@example.com